The School Newspaper of John Carroll School

The Patriot

Religion teacher plans to enter seminary

Faith Reilly, Features Editor
May 21, 2009
Filed under Community

Joshua Laws considered a very important life decision when he was in the second grade. Even at that age, Laws pondered the option of entering the religious life, even though most students shudder or chuckle at the thought. Laws has let this thought run through his mind and is consequently making it...

New clubs attract proactive students

Kate Froehlich, Copy Editor
May 21, 2009
Filed under Community

Nurse Laura Frank attempts to prepare blood for a transfusion, but a trauma patient arrives at the hospital. She is called away from what she is doing to assist with the admission of the new patient.  She tries to find another nurse to take over one of her duties, but there are none available. This...

Girls seek dream dresses

Michelle Cvach, Entertainment Editor and Faith Reilly, Features Editor
May 21, 2009
Filed under Community

Senior Chloe Ey bought her prom dress her sophomore year. She went into the store with an unclear idea of what she wanted, but all she knew is that she wanted to be different. "I saw it in the vintage shop and thought to myself, that is absolutely incredible; I want it as my prom dress," said Ey. Many...

Easter bunny brings cherished traditions

Katie O'Hara, Photo and Design Editor
May 21, 2009
Filed under Community

“Every Easter morning, we wake up and find our Easter baskets hidden all over the house,” said Julie Kolson about her favorite Easter tradition.  Easter baskets as well as dyeing eggs, egg hunts, and chocolate bunnies are a few of the many Easter traditions found throughout the United States. Easte...

Editor pages for MD Senate

Nick Temple, Copy Editor and Nick Temple, Copy Editor
May 21, 2009
Filed under Community

There is nothing to do in Annapolis. Truly “a drinking city with a sailing problem,” you will be hard-pressed to find anything to do after dark in the Maryland State Capital, other than harassing state legislators. And, while that may sound entertaining, the shine wears off quite quickly. I’ve ...

The School Newspaper of John Carroll School
Community