• Senior Field Day will take place on May 5 at 1:00pm

• FCA meeting will take place on April 27 at 7:00am

• The Patriot receives the 2017 Online Pacemaker Award from the National Scholastic Press Association

In case you missed it: Week of March 20

Juniors Joey Ishak, Josephine Cohen, Karson Langrehr, Ella Wilson, Teresa Langbein, Chris Cerra, and Kyle Wedemeyer (left to right) pose with their rings at the junior ring breakfast. The breakfast took place on the morning of March 24 in the Upper Gym.

Elizabeth Harmison

Elizabeth Harmison

End of Quarter Three

Quarter three ended on Tuesday, March 21. Grades had to be finalized by the following Monday, and students, teachers, and other faculty members only have one-fourth of the school year to go. Seniors, however, have a shortened quarter four with their finals exams beginning on May 3.

Junior Ring Activities

This week was the annual junior ring week. This week is celebrated with three major activities. On Thursday, March 23 the ring ceremony and Mass took place in the evening. Students and their families gathered in the auditorium for Mass and the presentation of JC rings to the members of the class of 2018. A reception with desserts followed.

A breakfast took place the next morning, March 24, for students and their parents. The breakfast provided another opportunity for food and pictures. Finally, Saturday, March 25, was the Ring Dance. Students met at the Water’s Edge Event Center for dinner and the dance.

This is an exciting time for the class of 2018, including for junior Sarah Decker. “I love that we are all together and how there is so much laughter. It was so much fun to be with all of my friends and to be experiencing this together,” Decker said.

St. Rose of Lima Sponsorship Dinner

This week, principal and founder of the St. Rose of Lima School Gaby Thelus and his daughter, Marie Gabrielle, visited from Haiti. Earlier in the year, at the end of the first week of February, JC donated money raised by students in the cafeteria to the St. Rose of Lima School in Haiti. On Wednesday, March 22, the advisories of Director of Performing Arts and Music Department Chair Julie Parrish, Health teacher Teresa Gauthier, and English teacher Nicholas Attanasio were invited to the Brown Room to share in a Haitian meal and to hear Thelus speak about life at the St. Rose of Lima School.

Anna Kotula is a Contributor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.