Fraternal Nastalski twins bond over similarities

October 21, 2014

Wait, you guys are twins?

For seniors Sean and Amanda Nastalski, this is a question they get asked … all the time.

“I think it’s different because we’re fraternal twins, but most people don’t even know we’re related,” Amanda said.

“Besides looks, we’re different in a lot of ways,” Sean said. “Amanda tries a lot harder in school, and I’m more focused on things like football.”

Upon entering freshman year, Sean immediately gravitated to the football kids.

“We definitely have separate groups of friends,” Amanda said. “Even though we’re not together in school a lot, it’s really nice to have someone there all the time no matter what.”

“We are definitely much closer at home than we are in school,” Sean said.

The fact that few people realize that they’re twins has allowed each of them to branch off and do their own things.

Amanda and Sean agree that the best part about having a twin in the same grade is being able to help one another with homework. Amanda and Sean balance off of each other and are able to use their differences to their benefit. They’re able to help each other through the things one may not be as good at, and vice versa.

Apart from school, Amanda and Sean find other positives in being twins.

“For the most part, having a twin is just like having any other sibling,” Sean said. Amanda agreed.

Sean and Amanda have a older brother as well, but they claim that they are closer because they can relate a lot better. Having a sibling, let alone a twin, means they experience the same things together.

“I like that we go through everything at the same time because you’re really never alone,” Amanda said.

Although having someone always by your side is mostly a positive thing, both Sean and Amanda admit that they hate having to share a birthday. “When we were little, we used to always do combined birthday parties,” Sean said.

“It’s probably the worst part about having a twin,” Amanda said.

Despite the fact most people don’t even recognize them as twins, they enjoy being able to experience things at the same time.

According to Sean, having a twin has made the college process a little easier because you have your sibling going through the exact same thing.

“We’ve looked at some of the same schools, but have different ideas of where we want to go,” Amanda said.

No matter where they end up in the future, both Sean and Amanda agree that having a twin is something they wouldn’t trade.

“I’m glad we’ve been able to go to the same school together,” Amanda said. “We care about each other like any other sibling, but I think we’ll always have a stronger bond.”

Hanna LeBuhn is the Print Chief for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com