Men’s lacrosse

Grant Sharretts

Sophomore midfielder Jake Kreiger carries the ball down the field during practice on March 8. Kreiger was one of four freshmen to make the varsity team last year.

Elizabeth Harmison, Media Editor

Coming off of a championship-winning season, the men’s lacrosse team looks to pick up right where they left off.

Second-year varsity lacrosse head coach Brian King is confident that his team will be as successful this season as they were last season. “We have a good group of kids who are willing to work hard and play the best in the country,” King said.

To get them ready for the season, King has been working with the team since early September in preseason workouts with Arena Club trainers. He has also encouraged his players to work out on their own.  

The team finished last season’s  championship with an overall record of 13-7.

According to returning varsity attack and sophomore Jude Brown, “He’s testing us to our limits and pushing us in practice in preparation for the upcoming season.

Since coming to JC, King has put an emphasis on recruiting players like junior defenseman Shaun Vines. Vines transferred after attending Perryville High School the last two years.

“We, as a team, need to work on the chemistry because we have a good amount of new guys and transfers,” Vines said, “but besides that, all in all, we have the talent. We just need to execute and play like we know we can.”

Elizabeth Harmison is a Multimedia Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.