Caroline Cooney

Freshman left wing Ellie Bruggeman drives down the field against Mount de Sales on Nov. 2. The team went on to win the IAAM B Conference Championship on Nov. 6 against Maryvale 1-0.

Field Hockey

The varsity field hockey team won the IAAM B Conference Championship for the third consecutive year, finishing the season with a total of 11 wins out of 12 games. The team’s only loss was against Maryvale, whom they later beat in the championships on Nov. 6 with a 1-0 win.

Junior goalie Grace Hollin believes the team did well because of their close bond. She is also “fully confident that [the team] will have another amazing season next year.”

Senior goalie Emma Gromacki hopes next year’s season will be just as successful. Gromacki was recently named Baltimore Sun Player of the Week for her performance this season. “There are eleven seniors leaving, and the underclassmen will have to step [up] and fill some big shoes,” Gromacki said.

Coach Alice Puckett, class of ’77, was proud of the team’s performance. “I think overall they played really well. I saw a lot of improvement from the beginning to the end [of the year], and I think the one thing that I want to [shout them out for] is how well they’ve supported each other. I never heard any negative stuff, and it was really just a fun group to coach,” Puckett said.  

Taylor Bynion is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.

The Patriot • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in