• Christmas break will start on Dec. 18 and end on Jan. 1

• Midterms begin on Wednesday, Dec. 13 to Friday, Dec. 15

Every student has a story: Sierra and Lindsay Baker

Seniors Lindsay (left) and Sierra Baker (right) and sophomore Will Baker pose with Millie Bobby Brown of the Netflix original series

Seniors Lindsay (left) and Sierra Baker (right) and sophomore Will Baker pose with Millie Bobby Brown of the Netflix original series "Stranger Things." The Bakers met Brown at a Comic-Con in New York.

Photo courtesy of Sierra Baker

Photo courtesy of Sierra Baker

Hours have passed. Rain has poured. People have come and gone, yet they still have not left their spots. A once-in-a-lifetime chance lies before them if they can just stick it out another half hour. For seniors Lindsay and Sierra Baker, when you really want something, you have to do whatever it takes- and in this case, it was getting the chance to meet the cast from the hit TV show “The Walking Dead.”

One of the Bakers’ biggest hobbies is visiting comic cons. At these conventions, they have had the chance to meet many famous people. In addition to the cast of “The Walking Dead” the twins have met “Stranger Things” actress Millie Bobby Brown, “Spiderman” creator Stan Lee, and “Lost” and “Antman” actress Evangeline Lilly.

The Bakers have been to comic cons in Atlanta, Orlando, New York, and are planning to go to Rhode Island this November.

Seniors Lindsay (left) and Sierra Baker (right) pose with family and Stan Lee, a famous comic-book writer and former president of Marvel Comics at a Comic-Con. The Bakers have gone to Comic-Cons in Atlanta, New York, and Orlando.

Photo courtesy of Sierra Baker

Both Bakers also love art. They take AP Studio, and some of their art is featured in the Art Wing. Lindsay loves drawing and painting, and her favorite piece of work is a watercolor and colored pencil depiction of red roses. Sierra, on the other hand, loves video games. Her favorite games are “The Last of Us” and the “Uncharted” Series, which she plays on her PlayStation 4.

The sisters are also avid movie and TV fans. Their favorite movie genre is action, and “Guardians of the Galaxy” sticks out as one of their favorites. The Baker family, with the exception of Lindsay, loves the Walking Dead. “My family obsesses about it [The Walking Dead] but I’m not that excited about it,” Lindsay said.

“All of our friends are jealous of us [because we met Millie Bobby Brown],” Sierra said.

Lindsay and Sierra are also frequent travelers. They have been to London twice, Paris, Germany, and Austria. They travel with their dad who works internationally for Domino Foods. “We decided to pass through Paris because we were already in London,” Sierra said. “We did the same thing with Austria, because it’s right there with Germany.”

In Austria, the Bakers visited and explored the old ice caves.“We got to carry old lanterns fueled by fire because the caves were so cold and dark. It was really cool,” Lindsay said.

After high school, Lindsay and Sierra plan to go to Harford Community College for two years and then transfer to Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida, where they attended a camp working with computers this past summer. Sierra wants to design video game characters in the future, and Lindsay wants to pursue a career involving art.

The Bakers have used their passions and hobbies to go places and do things that many people have always wanted to do, and they look forward to future adventures. “You have to get out of your comfort zone if you want to do new things and meet new people,” Sierra said.

Daniel Robinson is a Sports Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.