• The first day for Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores is Tuesday, Sep. 4

• The Back to School Dance will take place from 7-10 p.m. on Saturday, Sep. 8

• Senior Unity Day is on Friday, Sept. 21

ICYMI: January 2018

Junior Alysa Ross dances with Winnie Roarty during the Patriot Dance-a-thon. The Dance-a-thon successfully raised over $4,500 to benefit Children's Miracle Network hospitals.

Sarah Spaeth

Sarah Spaeth

D-Day PB&J

On Thursday, Jan. 11, students met after school in the cafeteria to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and blankets. Students who participated were able to earn direct service hours. The sandwiches were donated to Our Daily Bread and LASOS.

Morning Star Pow Wow

The 18th annual Morning Star Pow Wow took place on Saturday, Jan. 13, from 10 a.m to 7 p.m. The Pow Wow featured five drum groups, over 100 dancers,  20 traders, and approximately  2,000 spectators. All proceeds benefited the St. Labre Indian School in Ashland, Mont.

MLK assembly

On Thursday, Jan. 18, during the H-day period, an assembly was held to commemorate the actions of Martin Luther King, Jr. During the assembly, several alumni performed, along with chorus, Bella Voce, Jazz Band and Havre De Grace High School’s chorus. The performances reflected themes of racial discrimination and social injustice.

SGA meeting

An SGA meeting was held on Wednesday, Jan. 24, in the Auditorium at 2:30 p.m. The meeting discussed future class plans, such as the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

Blood drive

Students were able to donate blood to the American Red Cross Association on Friday, Jan. 26 in the Brown Room from at 10 a.m. In order to donate, students had to have parental permission, be at least 16, and weigh at least 110 pounds.

Patriot Dance-a-thon

On Saturday, Jan. 27, Maddie Fraiji and Olivia Collins’s senior project took place in the Upper Gym. The Dance-a-thon raised over $4,500. The event was sponsored by Miracle Network Dance Marathon, and all the proceeds raised will be donated to the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center.

Dress down day

On Monday, Jan. 29, students were able to dress down in support of Grace Hollin’s senior project. The dress down bracelets cost $3, but students were given the option to buy a special “Playgrounds not Battlegrounds” friendship bracelet for $5.