JC halls boast holiday lights and decorations

Malik Scott, Sports Editor

Nobody celebrates the Christmas season quite like JC.

Every year, the JC community goes all-out in advisories in order to celebrate the holiday. Each year, advisories are challenged to turn their doors and the areas surrounding their doors into Christmas-themed masterpieces.

The halls are draped with thousands of Christmas lights in the building, especially on all three levels of the academic wing. Walking through the academic wing, one could see that there barely was a portion of the ceiling that was not covered with Christmas lights.

There is no such thing as “too much” when it comes to Christmas decorating at JC.

Door decorating has become a JC tradition, and this year the SGA was in charge of the contest.

Students felt that this tradition continued to be a highlight of the school year, bringing the entire JC community together to celebrate the holiday.

Senior Evan Exter said, “I really like the lights and the feeling of the Christmas spirit around the school.  I like that everybody joins together to decorate.”

Ultimately, door decorating became a friendly competition between advisories, and some teamed with other advisories in order to have a better shot at winning.

Advisories who wanted to put themselves in positions to win prizes came up with themes to better their chances. Originality was encouraged. Themes from doors for this year included “Feliz Navidad- A ‘Flavorful’ Christmas,” “Soft Rock Christmas,” “Home Alone,” “Christ in Christmas,” “Jurassic Christmas,” and “It’s a Balmore Christmas, Hon!”

“The door decorating is a good tradition at JC.  It makes advisories closer, and it’s fun to decorate,” sophomore Evan Erhardt said.   Although The Patriot did not have the final results of the door decorating contest in time to print them, the doors and hallways all looked very impressive.

Official categories for the competition this year were a Traditional Christmas, Cringy Christmas, Christmas Movie, and Christ in Christmas.

Decorating for this year’s contest began right after the Thanksgiving break.