• :

The Main Street Tower offers good food and better service

Adorned in parsley pieces and strands of mozzarella cheese with luscious chunks of crab floating throughout, the piping hot cream of crab soup seemed to be begging me to devour its contents.

The Main Street Tower offers a wide array of cuisine, from steaks and sautéed seafood to wraps and wings.

I arrived at one p.m. on a Saturday afternoon and was seated immediately into a clean booth which was accompanied by a TV. The service was quick and the cream of crab soup was brought out within five minutes of ordering.

However, the main entrees, a crab melt and a spring mix salad, took a bit longer at 20 minutes. Despite the wait, the service was prompt and efficient.

Blanketed in melting, gooey cheese, the crab cake, sitting atop a piece of ham, encompassed the area of toasted bread. Served with both crispy, potato-packed French fries and a pickle, the meal achieved its value at just $10.95.

Although the presentation, price, and taste were on par, the flavor of the sandwich did not have much zest. It was no doubt an appetizing sandwich, just not one that particularly sparked the taste buds.

Scattered throughout a fresh bed of greens, the pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew of the spring mix salad oozed with sweet flavor. Topped off with crumbled gorgonzola cheese, pine nuts, and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing, the salad proved that it’s possible to shed some weight from your figure but not your wallet at $8.95.

A variety of food is not all that the Tower has to offer, however. The restaurant and lounge features a private banquet room, a dining room, multiple sports bars, and an enclosed rooftop deck. The Tower also caters, offers daily food specials, and provides diners with entertainment nightly.

Trivia and ladies’ night, “Tower Power Hours” showcasing a DJ each Wednesday, and a night devoted to children with Autism are just a few events that make the Tower unique. Local bands also perform at the restaurant.

Offering entertainment and a tasty meal at a price easy to come by, the Main Street Tower is no doubt an establishment that even the pickiest of eaters won’t be able to turn down.

The Main Street Tower is located on 29 South Main Street in Bel Air.

Kailey Tracy is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com