• :

Fab Tunes: Bieber’s new album displays matured talent

Fab Tunes: Biebers new album displays matured talent

Total Album Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars  

When somebody says Justin Bieber, a young preteen boy singing “Baby, baby, baby, oh” might come to mind. However, now 18-year-old Bieber has matured and is flaunting his natural talent on his new album, “Believe Acoustic.”

After all the success that his third studio album “Believe” achieved in June 2012, Bieber gave his fans what they wanted and recorded their favorites from the album acoustically. Reworking the tracks, Bieber gives every song on this album a completely new sound.

If there was any doubt in your mind that Bieber could sing, this album will solve that. By taking his popular radio hits such as “As Long As You Love Me” and “Beauty and A Beat” and slowing them down, Bieber lets his soul shine through.

New songs “Yellow Raincoat,” “I Would,” and “Nothing Like Us” showcase Bieber’s ability to turn real life situations into song. “Yellow Raincoat” depicts Bieber’s constant struggle with dealing with fame, including lyrics like “the fame, and the money, and the girls can drive you crazy.”

“I Would” sings the words “if I could take away the pain, and put a smile on your face, baby I would,” letting people know that Bieber would do anything to make his significant other happy.

Undoubtedly the best break-up song Bieber has ever written, “Nothing Like Us,” explains how a person’s true love can never be replaced.  He sings “you know there is no one I can relate to, you know we won’t find a love that’s so true.”

Although Justin Bieber is growing up, his passion for music is gaining him new fans along the way and allowing him to showcase his matured talent.

Here is how I rated the tracks:

1. “Boyfriend”- 4.5 stars
  2. “As Long As You Love Me” – 5 stars
  3. “Beauty And A Beat” – 4.5 stars
  4. “She Don’t Like The Lights” – 4 stars
  5. “Take You” – 4 stars
  6. “Be Alright” – 4 stars
  7. “All Around The World” – 4 stars
  8. “Fall” (Live)- 4 stars
  9. “Yellow Raincoat” – 5 stars
  10. “I Would” – 5 stars
  11. “Nothing Like Us” – 5 stars

Lauren Fabiszak is an In-Depth Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.