• Spring break starts Thursday, March 29 and ends on Monday, April 9

• On Wednesday, April 11, there will be a 12:45 p.m. dismissal.

• The freshman class breakfast will be on Wednesday, March 28 in the Brown Room

The Next Bite: Bonefish Grill gives reasons for seconds

Community Editor Pia Scotto dines at restaurants to review their food, layout, and service. This column reports back to you with the good and not so good places to eat around the local area, leaving you to try the next bite.

Bonefish Grill, near Harford Mall, offered a great experience on my recent visit. Having eaten there before, I returned for the delicious menu items and fun atmosphere.

A huge part of why I like Bonefish Grill is due to the fun things you find waiting for you at your table – a paper tablecloth sheet and crayons. As a kid, I would always draw on the tables. It’s a great way to pass time while waiting for food but also a way to bond with the people around you, whether it be with a game of tic-tac-toe, hangman, or drawing pictures of each other from across the table.

When it’s actually time to order, I have one go-to appetizer that is a must: Bang Bang Shrimp. A Bonefish classic, the Bang Bang Shrimp is a tasty, bite-sized shrimp with a smooth and spicy sauce that explodes with flavors in your mouth. For those who are crazy about it, they also offer the Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos, an actual entree of three tacos and sour cream.

If you don’t like shrimp, another pretty good appetizer to try is the Steamed Edamame. I would say the edamame was pretty good. But it could’ve been even better, in my opinion, if it was saltier and a bit crunchier.

As for the entrees, something to try would be the Cold Water Lobster Tails. The Tails are amazing in taste and preparation: two tails, veggies, and a choice of signature sauce with a side. I prefer the lemon butter sauce because I find it a great fit for the tails.

A unique quality about Bonefish is them bringing out lemon and butter sauce to your table in a cute little pan which sits over a small candle flame. It bubbles a bit to keep the butter warm and acts as a perfect “dipping spot” for the tails. With the side, I would say to get the potatoes au gratin. They are sliced potatoes that are topped wonderfully by a creme sauce and little bread crumbs on top.

For non fish-lovers, Bonefish Grill also offers a variety of meaty items, of which I would definitely recommend the Filet Mignon. It is wood-grilled, super tender, and sprinkled with seasoning that adds just the right amount of flavor.

The kind staff can also make accommodations if you don’t like something or need something changed, and it provides a kid’s menu varying from pasta to chicken. The wait time can be a little lengthy, especially if you go on the weekends or for dinner. Bonefish Grill was not only a great choice for the tasty meal, but also for the fun environment that it provides.

Pia Scotto is a Community Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.