In-person spring concert begins outdoors on field

Rebecca Saladino, Contributing Writer

Tuesday, April 27 was the John Carroll’s Music Department Concert. There were two parts: outdoor and indoor.

The outdoor concert included performances by chorus, band, jazz band, and rock band. It also included the performance for senior Ryan Vest’s Senior Project. Ryan composed and directed a musical number in order to show the importance of music education.
The indoor concert included performances by orchestra, Bella Voce, Patriettes, spotlight performances, and Kai O’Brien’s Senior Project. Kai created an all-male a cappella group called the Black and Golds. He directed them in two songs.
All the performers were proud of their hard work. “I thought it was awesome, and everyone did a really great job. I think Ryan’s Senior Project was so unique and cool; it was fun to have some audience participation in there,” sophomore Hannah Hamill said.
Junior Jillian Connolly commented, “I loved how we all worked so hard to make it possible!”
Due to COVID, some precautions needed to be taken, such as all performers and audience members wearing masks and social distancing. The Music Department worked tirelessly to make sure that they were able to have a safe and fun concert.
Mrs. Julie Parrish commented, “After more than a year without the opportunity to hold a traditional concert, this event filled my heart with so much joy — for the students who were finally able to perform again, for the audience members who got to experience live music, and for the sheer opportunity to be able to hear and experience the music for myself. I cannot express how grateful I am and how proud I am of every student who performed at the concert. It was truly a blessing indeed!”