Local corn maze opens for the fall

Beachmont Corn Maze kicks off its spooky season

Ella McGuire, Sports Editor

The leaves are falling, the temperature is changing, and a popular fall activity is beginning to open.

A local Christian camp and cornfield, Beachmont, has been offering fall-themed festivities for the town of Kingsville for many years. Beachmont does not fail to give people of all ages a fun atmosphere for the fall months.
Beachmont opened its doors for the corn maze and other fall activities on September 17 and will remain open until November 6.
Not only does Beachmont offer a six-acre cornfield with unique themes every year, but it also offers a ride on their “Extreme Hayride,” a baseball throw, corn bag toss, Skee Ball, a giant slingshot, a 60’ inflatable obstacle course, and football.
This year’s theme for Beachmont’s Corn Maze is “Fellowship of the Rings.” Previous themes have included: “Pirate Night,” “Time Travel,” “Superheroes,” and “Toy Story.”
Beachmont thoroughly plans these themes, and the maze is actually shaped and designed for the theme.
Tickets are on sale now. The admission fee includes the corn maze and the other activities. One ticket is $14, but you can also buy Group Reservations ahead of time, and pricing depends on the number of people.
To purchase tickets, you can either visit https://www.simpletix.com/e/beachmont-corn-maze-general-admission-tick-tickets-75955 or you can purchase them when you get there.
Food and drinks are sold, but the cost is separate from the tickets.
The busiest time is at night, after 6 pm, so try to avoid going during that time.
I personally love Beachmont. My family and I go every year, and it is so much fun. The corn maze is complete with a theme, obstacle courses, characters, and much more.
My favorite theme Beachmont has done in the past was “Pirate Night.” I also really like the “Extreme Hayride,” it is fast, bumpy, and there are a lot of hills.
The slingshot is also super fun. You are given balls and have to use the slingshot to hit targets. The targets offer different prizes, such as gift cards to Chick-Fil-A and Broom’s Bloom Dairy. You can also win smaller prizes. The Skee Ball is also unique and different, especially for a corn maze, but Beachmont’s main focus is on the maze itself.
The corn maze will take about an hour and a half to complete, but the larger the group, the longer it may take.
Beachmont does offer students the opportunity to volunteer at the corn maze and the activities, so this is a great way to celebrate fall while earning service hours.
If your family is looking for an all-age inclusive corn maze, or if you are looking to go somewhere with your friends, Beachmont is the perfect place to celebrate all things fall