Top Five Valentine’s Day Movies Check out these movies to watch as part of your Valentine’s Day celebration

Miel Pearce, Staff Writer

Stuck In Love follows a father and his two children as each family member explores different relationships in their lives. The father, William, is still upset over his divorce from his ex-wife and refuses to accept the end of their marriage. The son, Rusty, falls in love with a girl who has a troubled past, and Samantha, the daughter, is a pessimist who doesn’t believe in love. Stuck In Love is a fast-paced emotional drama that will leave you crying. Stuck in Love can be watched for free on YouTube, Tubi, and Peacock.

Romeo and Juliet (1996) is the classic Shakespearean story of two teenagers from feuding families who fall in love. The 1996 version of the movie is especially entertaining because of the 90s aesthetic intertwined with the classic story and the performances given by Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. Despite the tragic ending, the love story is enough to make it appropriate for Valentine’s Day. Romeo and Juliet can be watched for free on YouTube.

Roman Holiday is an iconic Audrey Hepburn movie that follows Ann, a European princess, who decides to take a break from royalty to spend a night exploring Rome. There she meets American reporter, Joe, who doesn’t realize her status as royalty. The two develop a friendship and explore Rome together while falling in love. This movie has beautiful scenery, fashion, and an amazing love story. Roman Holiday is free on Pluto TV.

While Twilight is everyone’s favorite movie to make fun of, it is an entertaining watch and is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Twilight follows Bella, a teenage girl who moves to Forks, Washington to live with her dad. There she meets Edward, a vampire who is disguising as a high school student. The two fall in love but struggle with the fact that Edward is an immortal vampire and Bella is a 16-year-old human. All of the movies in the Twilight franchise are perfect for Valentine’s Day, too and can all be viewed on Netflix.

Love, Simon follows a high school boy who begins communicating with another student at his school anonymously and under aliases. As the two learn more about each other, they fall in love without ever knowing each other’s true identities. Love, Simon is a great LGBT love story and can be found on Hulu.