Looking for a prom dress? These styles are worth a try

Meghan Kerr, Senior Coverage Editor

As the winter months have come to a close and JC transitions into spring activities, seniors can begin to look forward to their prom, more specifically their prom dresses.

This year, there are a wide variety of styles to choose from, ranging from long flowy dresses to ankle-length tight dresses. However, some dresses definitely take the cake.
Due to prom being during spring, one of the best style options for a dress includes bright pastel colors. Colors such as a baby pink, baby blue, or lilac capture the beautiful and light spring feel and look stunning among the blooming trees in pictures.
To opt for even more of a spring-like feel, many prom dresses in 2022 have intriguing floral details which give dresses texture and a delicate spring-like feel.
With pastel colors and 3D embellishments, anyone is sure to feel like a princess in their prom dress.
Another beautiful style of prom dress is that of flowy dresses. Especially when they are made with tulle or chiffon, flowy, a-line style dresses compliment everyone. The synched style of an a-line flowy dress flatters the figure of the individual wearing it by pulling in the waist and adding a beautiful fullness to the bottom of the body.
When searching for dresses with these sorts of styles, an easy and cheap website for purchasing is “Lulu’s.” The website is easy to navigate and presents all sorts of styles for prom dresses.
Lulu’s especially has many beautiful flowy dresses with this flattering cut. A majority of the dresses come in different colors, whether you’re a fan of pastels like me or would rather opt for a darker color such as a burgundy or navy.
Other students may wish to go to a bridal store such as “David’s Bridal” in order to find and try on dresses that fit your body type and style.
While flowy pastel dresses are beautiful and encapsulate the spring feel of prom, there are also many beautiful dresses in different styles.
Especially in 2022, body-con dresses are gaining much traction in the fashion world. A body-con dress can also be seen as a more modern and sophisticated option for prom.
With a wide range of fabrics and styles, ranging from silk and satin dresses to mermaid style dresses, there’s an option for any individual, depending on your preference and individual style. Body-con dresses can also be found on websites such as Lulu’s.
However, while there are many beautiful prom dress styles, there are also some styles which are not the best for the dance, short dresses, for example.
It is true that there are many beautiful varieties of short dresses, however, they are just not the best for prom. Prom dresses should be long and flowy in order to emphasize the maturity of the seniors’ final year of high school. Short dresses just don’t showcase this aspect and frankly, they should act as homecoming dresses instead.
Prom is one of the biggest events of senior year, so it is imperative to find a dress that makes you look and feel good at the dance to make the good memories last forever.