Students anticipate 2023 movie releases

Ella McGuire, Assistant Media Chief

With the new year, countless movies are coming out. From thrillers to Disney and everything in between, the 2023 year has a multitude of movies ready to be released.

Disney has plans set and ready to go, with an exciting lineup of films. Peter Pan & Wendy, The Little Mermaid, The Haunted Mansion, and the fifth Indiana Jones are queued up to release early this year.

Thrillers expected to come out are Knock at the Cabin, Scream VI, and The Nun 2.

Junior Maria Araujo said that she is most excited about Disney’s live-action of The Little Mermaid. “I’ve grown up watching Disney princess movies, and I’ve always seen the stereotypical main characters… I feel like this movie will break that stereotype and give the audience a more broad insight on what a princess can look like.”

Maria went on to say, “The Little Mermaid will show little girls all around the world that anyone can be a princess, no matter their appearance. I’m also excited to see Halle Bailey play Ariel; she will go on to inspire many.”

The Little Mermaid seems to be a favorite around JC. Junior Molly Jenkins expressed her love for Disney movies as well.
She said, “I’m most excited about The Little Mermaid. I love Disney movies, so I can’t wait to see another live-action.”

Whether you are looking forward to a remake of an old classic or something brand new, the 2023 movie releases are sure to be full of film masterpieces.