New ‘Harry Potter’ game revives fan culture

Anna Deaver, Senior Coverage Editor

If you are interested in the world of wizards, magic, and potions, look no further than the new game ‘Hogwarts Legacy.’ ‘Legacy’ is set in the late 1800s in the Scottish Highlands in the Harry Potter Universe.

Legacy is an action role-playing game in the third-person perspective. You play as a Hogwarts student who can attend classes, go on quests, and practice spells. You are able to customize your character to look like you and interact with the various magical creatures found throughout the castle.

At the beginning of the game, your character is sorted into one of four houses, and each house unlocks a unique quest. These unique quests, as well as the open-world style of the game, ensure that every player does not have the same experience.

The game can be played on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The base game costs $60, and there is an expansion that you can purchase for an additional $20.

As of right now, the game does not have a multiplayer option, but the studio is working on an update that would make multiplayer possible.

For many people, Hogwarts Legacy is a revival of a nostalgic fantasy world. Since the last Harry Potter book, The Cursed Child was released in 2016, Legacy has been long-anticipated by fans of the books.

However, you do not need to have read the books to play the game. The story of Legacy exists outside of the story of the books, so you can play the game without needing to know the plot of the books.

Overall, Legacy is a well-made game and provides a lot of opportunity for players to explore the world and customize their story.