• :

Binge-watch contestants compete for $1 million on 42 seasons of ‘Survivor’

Streaming Now
‘Survivor’ has been on CBS for 22 years, but now you can find all 42 seasons streaming on Hulu. The show’s premise is to “Outwit, Outplay, Outlast,” and if contestants can do all three, they have a chance of winning one million dollars.
However, the million-dollar prize doesn’t come easily; players have to create trustworthy bonds, complete challenges, and survive on the very few resources that the environment provides.
Each season, 16 to 20 contestants are pulled from their everyday lives to spend 27 days on a deserted island. They are immediately assigned a tribe, and for the first half of the game, the tribes eat, sleep, strategize, and work together in challenges. It is crucial to have a cohesive tribe because, by not working together, contestants could lose challenges and be sent to Tribal Council where someone must be voted out.
Halfway through the season, the remaining members of the tribes are merged into one tribe. With ‘The Merge’ comes individual immunity, which can save a contestant from being voted out. Those who are voted out post-merge are on the jury, the people who ultimately vote for the winner.
As the game begins to dwindle down, alliances become crucial to staying in the game. Survivor has stayed on the air for 42 seasons because the game keeps evolving. With time, the game becomes just as much of a mental game as a physical one. Some of the most memorable Survivor winners have not been the smartest or the most athletic. However, most Survivor winners are quick on their feet and easy to make trustworthy alliances with.
When Survivor fans think of the show, they immediately think of the iconic host Jeff Probst. Probst is the one thing that has stayed consistent. I would definitely recommend Survivor for anyone who loves reality TV that incorporates social game along.