• :

‘Gilmore Girls’ takes viewers on emotional roller coaster

Now Streaming
‘Gilmore Girls’ is a Netflix original that began production on October 5, 2000. It has seven seasons with about 22 episodes per season. ‘Gilmore Girls’ is on Netflix, Prime Video, Vudu, and Apple TV.
The show centers around Rory Gilmore, played by Alexis Bledel, and her mother Lorelai Gilmore, played by Lauren Graham.
All of the actors portray the parts very well, especially in the earlier seasons. The series gives the feeling that the audience is watching their everyday lives.
Viewers get to see the characters grow throughout all the sad moments, the romances, and especially the happy moments.
When Lorelai Gilmore becomes pregnant at 16 with her daughter Rory, she leaves her elite life with her parents. She goes to live in a small town called Stars Hollow, Connecticut after she gives birth.
Lorelai gets a job at the Independence Inn, and the owner of the inn, Mia Bass, lets her and Rory live in the shed on the property. The Independence Inn gives her the passion to someday own her own business.
Lorelai is very fond of Stars Hollow as she makes many friends along the way. Growing up, Rory usually sees her grandparents during the holidays and nothing else. The show begins when Lorelai meets with her parents after her business class to ask them if she could have money to put towards tuition for Rory so she can go to a prep school in hopes of giving her more of a chance to get into Harvard.
Chilton is a private school just five minutes from her grandparents’ house. Rory’s grandparents agree to pay for the tuition, but it’s under the condition that they have a weekly dinner every Friday night.
The audience sees many obstacles Lorelai faces while she’s caring for Rory as a single mother. The outside appearance and how she mentally feels during these moments are beautifully covered and addressed during the show. In addition, viewers can see the ups and downs of their mother/daughter relationship and how they fix it.
Gilmore Girls is a good show and series for both younger and older audiences. It can be a comfort show on rainy days.