• :

‘Girls with Goals’: a great podcast for teen girls

There are many types of podcasts: crime, politics, entertainment, and more. Being a teen girl, finding a good, relatable podcast to listen to weekly is hard. Not only are there so many, but finding the right one can be difficult.
As I began my search to find a podcast I would regularly listen to and enjoy, I found Girls with Goals.
Girls with Goals is hosted by 20-year-old twins, AnnCatherine and Caroline Conneen. As college students, they navigate their positive and healthy lifestyle while sharing their experiences with listeners.
Not only do they share experiences with listeners, but as fitness trainers, they inspire listeners to persevere through struggles and live their best lives while conquering goals.
Topics on the podcast include problems and topics many teen girls, including myself, face and can easily relate to. From how to handle anxiety and stress, to social media, and going back to school, Girls with Goals has an episode for everyone.
Each episode starts off with AnnCatherine’s and Caroline’s ups and downs from the week. After they share their weekly goals, they jump into the chosen topic.
Out of the current 86 episodes, my favorite is titled “Social Media Sucks.” On this episode they take a deep dive into social media: the good, the bad, and even the neutral. They discuss how many are dependent on social media and how many of our lives are conformed around it. The episode was eye-opening and allowed me to view social media through the eyes of the hosts.
This is not the only great episode. “How to Protect Your Peace,” “5 Realistic Tools to Handle Stress and Anxiety,” and “The Power of Appreciation,” are also just as great. All are interesting, relatable, and fun to listen to.
What stands out about this podcast is the relationship between the listeners and the hosts. Listeners get a feeling of comfort — almost like being on the phone with a good friend.
Another reason why Girls with Goals is a go-to podcast is due to its versatility. One episode can be about mental health struggles; one can be about physical health and working out, and the next could be about relationships.
In the podcast community, discovering a podcast that isn’t focused on just one topic is very hard to find.
Girls with Goals can be found on Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon Music.