• :

Live action ‘Little Mermaid’ hits Disney+

After a long awaited five months, Disney+ has added the new live action version of ‘The Little Mermaid.’
The previous animated version of The Little Mermaid was released on November 17, 1989, with both the old and the new versions having the same storyline.
The Little Mermaid, Ariel, along with her five older sisters and her widowed father, The Sea King, lives in an underwater realm.
A mermaid is given permission to swim to the surface for the first time at the age of 15 in order to see the world above.
In The Little Mermaid’s 2023 remake, Ariel is played by Halle Bailey who is a popular actress and singer. She also has appeared Let It Shine and The Line. Prince Eric is played by Jonah Hauer-King, King Triton by Javier Bardem, and Ursula by Melissa McCarthy.
The Little Mermaid’s hit song “Part of Your World” is number four on Disney’s 10 best songs, according to Billboard.com. Ahead of that is “Let It Go” from Frozen, “A Whole New World” from Aladdin, and “When You Wish Upon a Star” from Pinocchio.
This Little Mermaid is a family-friendly movie for everyone. According to Common Sense Media Reviewer Sandie Angulo Chen, this film is for ages six and over with three out of five stars with positive role models and three out of five stars in positive messages.
It has earned four out of five stars for diverse representations, with the lead role of Ariel being portrayed by a black singer/actor and a Spanish actor as King Triton.
However, with all the great parts in the movie, there are still viewers who think negatively of the movie.
According to Deciders.com viewers have said things like, “it’s too hyper realistic; the scenes are too dark; the sea creatures look creepy, and the characters are lacking in chemistry.”