• :

Sugar & Spice Showdown

The Battle of the Fall Doughnuts

This issue’s battle is between Dunkin and Newberry Bakery in the battle of the doughnuts. Both are known for their fall time doughnuts, but which one will fall into the top spot? Here our focus is on apple and spice doughnuts.

Taste

Dunkin’: The doughnut was decent. It tasted more like cinnamon than apple. It was a cake doughnut, so it was not very fluffy. The doughnut had a nice apple and cinnamon filling which made the doughnut a lot better. However, it had a gross glaze on it which made the doughnut just okay.

Newberry: The doughnut was so good. It was a perfect mix of apple and cinnamon. It even included real pieces of apple in the batter. Even though there was no filling, it was the perfect fall flavor. Overall, it is a perfect fall time treat, especially if you do not like pumpkin flavor.

Price

Dunkin’; The price of the doughnut is $1.99.

Newberry: The doughnut is $1.33.

Look

Dunkin’: The doughnut was big, a bit smaller than a hand. However, it did not look very appetizing as it looked like it had been sitting for a while. However, it tasted a lot better than it looked.

Newberry: It was the same size as a regular doughnut, about the size of a palm. It came out still warm and fresh which made it look very appealing. Side by side, even though it was smaller than Dunkin’s, it looked a lot more appetizing.

Accessibility

Dunkin’: The closest Dunkin is 1.7 miles away from JC, about seven minutes away. However, there are three Dunkins within five miles of the school, which makes it very accessible for students.

Newberry: Newberry is 1.1 miles away from JC, which is about six minutes away. However, being on Main Street, the parking lot is a little hard to get into. Newberry closes at 2 pm which means students would have to pick up their treat before school.

Our Winner Is:

Newberry. Even though it is a little less accessible to JC students, it tastes and looks 10 times better than Dunkin. It even costs less for a better-quality doughnut that is freshly baked. Even though both are good overall, Newberry is a better choice for a fall time snack.