• :

Black Friday brings a day of great deals for holiday shoppers

People wake up before the sun comes up, waiting in long lines outside of stores and waiting hours to get the one thing they need. This day is famously known as “Black Friday.”
Black Friday is known across the United States as the day when Christmas shopping starts. This day is a favorite among many people because of its amazing deals. More than 100 stores usually participate in this fun day and give great discounts on a lot of items.
Black Friday originally started over a half century ago as a day dedicated to helping boost the sales in retail stores. This is where most people believe the day got its name. When stores are not getting enough sales, they are “red,” but after Black Friday, most stores transfer over to “black,” which means they are earning a profit.
Other sources say that the name started from Philadelphia officers describing the chaos in the city.
Some stores who always participate in the holiday are Target, Walmart, and Amazon. Over 130 million people participate in this shopping experience as a whole . Most stores open incredibly early in the morning and close extremely late at night. These long hours take a toll on a lot of retail workers, especially with all the stress from all the shoppers.
Some of the deals that stores did this year include 50% off on every item, buy one get one free, and 25% off on every item.
There are many websites where these deals could be found, such as blackfriday.com and dealnews.com.
Black Friday is a day that most people enjoy, but there are also negative things about it. For example, it causes a lot of chaos and stress, especially for retail workers. Being bombarded by people who are scavenging for good deals puts a lot on their plate.
Things may be a little chaotic, but overall it is a good experience.  Overall, Black Friday has a few downsides, but the good deals and fun atmosphere makes it an enjoyable day.
You can spend the day with friends and family shopping for all the Christmas gifts you need to get.