• :

The Coldest Challenge

Comparing Holiday Fast Food Ice Cream

This Battle is between Dairy Queen’s Hot Cocoa Blizzard and Wendy’s Peppermint Frosty. Both fast food places are known for their year-round sweet ice cream treats. But this season they have added new holiday flavors. Which place will win the sweet victory of the best seasonal sweet treat?

Taste

Dairy Queen: The flavor was very good and rich. It had a nice crunch of Oreo mixed with the creamy chocolate ice cream. However, it was a little too rich to finish. The flavor did not remind me of the holiday season at all. It was just chocolate which you can get year-round.

Wendy’s: The taste was so excellent; it was very light and airy. The peppermint was there but not overpowering, which was enjoyable. The ice cream was very creamy and was not too filling. The peppermint did have a holiday vibe to it because it tasted like candy canes.

Price

Dairy Queen: It was $4.76 for a small Hot Cocoa Blizzard.

Wendy’s: It was $2.99 for a small Peppermint Frosty.

Look 

Dairy Queen: When I got the ice cream, it looked like a cup of hot chocolate. It had a little dollop of whipped cream on top, which really added to that holiday feel. It came perfectly blended with just enough cookie crunch. However, it was pretty small for the price.

Wendy’s: The ice cream came a little melted, so it was a little messy to eat. However, it was a substantial size for the price. It had no topping which was a little sad since it just looked pink, which is not too festive.

Accessibility 

Dairy Queen: The closest Dairy Queen to JC is 3.1 miles away which is about a nine-minute drive. The drive-thru was very fast, so it is good if you need a fast treat.

Wendy’s: The closest Wendy’s to JC is right next to Dairy Queen, which is also around nine minutes away. However, the drive-thru was extremely slow.

Our Winner Is. . .

Wendy’s Peppermint Frosty wins our Coldest Challenge. Not only was it a larger item, but it was also a lot cheaper. The taste of the holidays was particularly important in this challenge, and Wendy’s did exactly that. Stop at Wendy’s this holiday season to get your seasonal sweet treat.