• :

Good viewing picks include the romantic comedies

One staple of Valentine’s Day is watching rom-coms with a significant other, by yourself, or with a group of friends and family. Rom-coms are a favorite on Valentine’s Day. Here are some of the best ones to watch on Valentine’s Day.
The first rom-com is 10 Things I Hate About You, directed by Gil Junger. It is based on the play Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare. It focuses on two love stories, one between Kat Stratford and Patrick Verona and the other between Kat’s younger sister Bianca and Cameron James.
This movie was first released in 1999, but it is timeless. When watching this movie, it’s easy to find little details that have previously gone unnoticed. This movie can be found on Disney+.
Another rom-com that is one of the best is Flipped, directed by Rob Reiner. Flipped is about two neighbors, Juli Baker and Bryce Loski. This movie stretches over the characters’ childhood to teenage years. This movie is fun and cute. It was released in 2010 and can be watched on HBO Max.
Additionally, another amazing rom-com is Set It Up directed by Claire Scanlon. This movie is about two assistants named Charlie and Harper who work in the same building for two extremely uptight bosses.
The two produce a plan to set up their bosses to get them off their backs. This movie is hilarious and keeps viewers interested throughout the entire movie. This movie can be found on Netflix.
Lastly, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is one more rom-com that is perfect to watch on Valentine’s Day. It was directed by Donald Petrie and released in 2003. It is about two individuals, Andie Anderson and Ben Berry, who are both challenged to do opposite things in love.  Andie needs to make a man leave her in ten days while Ben has to get a woman to fall in love with him in ten days.
They meet each other and plan to manipulate the other so they can reach their 10-day goals.  This does not work for either of them. This movie is emotional but still humorous. This is a good movie to watch with anyone, and it can be found on Paramount+.
All these rom-coms are staples to watch, especially on Valentine’s Day. They are comedic, emotional, and dramatic.