• :

‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ has not lost its charm

Movie Review
As people enjoy Valentine’s Day, they may be interested in watching a romantic comedy. With thousands of films in this genre, it is hard not to love it. ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ is one of the best romantic comedies to watch.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is a rom-com film that was released in 2003. Directed by Donald Petrie and starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey, this movie is a fan favorite.
In the film, Andie Anderson is a writer for a women’s magazine, where she is inspired by her friend to write a “How to” article. For her article, she plans to begin dating a man and drive him away within ten days.
On the other hand, advertising executive Benjamin Barry wagers that he can make any woman fall in love with him. Therefore, his boss tasks him with making a girl fall in love with him in 10 days. If he is successful, he will lead an upcoming jewelry campaign.
Ben and Andie, who coincidentally meet that same night, start their journey together. The movie takes viewers through the twists and turns of Ben and Andie’s relationship, with neither partner revealing their true intentions. The classic tropes in this film are loved by many, leaving a legacy in the romantic comedy industry forever.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days has held its popularity for so long for a few reasons, including well-renowned actors and inspiring trope.
“There was a very feminist twist to that movie, and it really inspired young girls, and that makes me so happy,” Hudson said on The Today Show. “Now there’s a new generation of journalists who would say ‘Andie Anderson made me want to be a journalist.’”
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days can be watched on many platforms, including Amazon Prime, DIRECTV, and Apple TV. With such a memorable plot and a fantastic cast, this movie is easily one of the best rom-coms of its time. Be sure to give it a try during this Valentine’s Day season.