• :

‘The Notebook’ is filled with laughter, joy, & heartbreak

‘The Notebook’ starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, is about a teenage romance that evolves over the years. The two actors give award-winning performances that have stood the test of time.
Their characters, Noah and Allie, fall in love in strange circumstances and, despite their differences, want to be together forever. However, the movie is not as simple as it sounds and is filled with many bumps and struggles that a relationship often has.
             The movie has won multiple awards, including many Teen Choice awards and recommendations as well as an MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss. While this should show how well-constructed and amazing the movie is, the awards cannot determine how good a film is. That being said, the movie deserves the awards and proves itself on its own.
            One of the many reasons why this movie is perfect for a couple to watch on Valentine’s Day is because of the true love stories they tell in between each couple of scenes. This is one of the cutest and most hopeful additions they made to the movie because it shows that real love does exist.
            Along with the true romance stories, the romantic topics in the movie often draw people in. There are themes of second chances and second chances at love. Allie and Noah both make mistakes at the beginning of their relationship, but when they meet again, they realize they are meant for each other.
            After being separated when they are young, Noah writes Allie 365 letters despite receiving nothing in return. He also builds her dream house without ever knowing or expecting them to see each other again. All of these little and big things he does for her are part of the reason they end back together and revisit their relationship.
In order to stay together, they must deal with several challenges.
            The Notebook can be watched on Hulu and Amazon Prime. It is a two-hour film with many ups and downs and certainly worth the attention. Overall, the movie is a nine out of ten for the attention to detail and compelling storyline.