• :

Movie Previews

We’re here to preview the movies scheduled to be released the week of January 8th. So get your popcorn ready and read on.

1. Daybreakers

Release Date:  Friday, January 8th

Rating: R

Genre: Horror

Info: In the year 2019, the world undergoes an epidemic, turning the majority of humans into vampires.  The human population is near extinction and the vampires must find a way to farm the humans in order to save their blood, or come up with a blood substitute.  One coven of vampires finds a way to save the human population.  What will the vampires choose to do?

Movie times at the Bel Air Regal Cinemas:  2:10 p.m ; 5:10 p.m ; 7:40 p.m ; 10:25 p.m

2. Leap Year

Release Date: Friday, January 8

Rating: PG

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Info:  Four years into a relationship, and still no proposal?  That’s a little absurd, but what can a girl do?  Maybe get down on one knee herself?  That’s exactly what Anna (Amy Adams) plans to do after learning about the Irish tradition that allows a woman to propose.  But here’s the catch:  it has to be on a leap year on February 29.  As weather, airplanes, and fate leave Anna stranded on her journey across Ireland, she must seek help from a stranger named Declan (Matthew Goode) to get her across the country and into the arms of her boyfriend.  But as she gets to know Declan better, Anna begins to have second thoughts about her plan to marry her boyfriend.  Will Anna and Declan fall in love? Or will Anna propose to her man?

Movie times at the Bel Air Regal Cinemas: 1:20 p.m ; 3:50 p.m ; 6:45 p.m ; 9:25 p.m

3. Youth in Revolt

Release Date: Friday, January 8

Rating: R

Genre: Comedy

Info: Nick Twisp (Michael Cera) leads a predictable  life.  But when he falls in love with Sheeni Saunders (Portia Doubleday), everything changes.  Nick creates an alter ego named Francois, who is the complete opposite of himself.  Francois leads Nick down a path of destruction with unpredictable consequences.  Francois will stop at nothing to be with Sheeni, but will Nick man up and take his life back?

Movie times at the Bel Air Regal Cinemas: 2:30 p.m ; 4:50 p.m ; 7:50 p.m ; 10:20 p.m

Hilary Weidner can be reached for comment at [email protected]