• :

Rodney Elliott

Rodney Elliott

Although senior Rodney Elliott has been playing basketball since he was four, he says it’s his teammates, not his experience, that truly get him pumped for games.

Elliott plays point guard on the men’s varsity basketball team. His greatest accomplishment is winning two championships in the MIAA ‘A’ Conference. In his basketball career, Elliott has scored over 1,000 points.

“No matter what, he works his hardest. He’s more of a team player. And he makes himself look better by being a facilitator. He just keeps the team together,” freshman teammate Trystan Pratapas said.

“I’ve been playing since I was four and from the day I had the ball in my hand, I never wanted to let it go,” Elliot said.

According to Elliott, he will play D1 basketball in college, but he has yet to decide at which school. He has received multiple full scholarship offers from D1 schools.

Elliot said“I am proud of all of them for coming from different parts of the world to complete one goal, which is to win games. We put all of our personal agendas to the side, to come together and play the game that we all love.”

According to basketball coach Tony Martin, “Rodney is a high character young man who represents JC well on and off the court. Rodney is experienced and has a cerebral approach in building one-on-one relationships with his teammates, which makes him a very effective senior leader.”

Emily Clarke is the Print Chief for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.