Change to 2023 brings on New Year’s Resolutions

Lucas Lakatta, Staff Writer

Aside from going to parties and celebrating a new year, people across the world begin the year fresh with resolutions.

While some have not yet made formal resolutions for 2023, there are some people who are determined to make a change.

English Department Chairman Matt Blair said, “I would try to prioritize getting more sleep and practicing more mindfulness and serenity exercises.”

Mr. Blair said he believes he will be able to keep this resolution because he is motivated by the physical and mental health benefits.”

Sophomore Julian Ramirez said his New Year’s Resolution is to “lose weight by working out.” Julian added he believes in himself, and he will not give up no matter how hard it gets for him.

Junior James Michael has a New Year’s Resolution to make a lot of money, “so one day I can be rich.” James said he 100 percent believes he will succeed and fulfill his goals.

Many students and teachers have great goals for the new year, however, sophomore Elle Turner said she will not make a New Year’s Resolution. “It’s pointless for me to do that at this age.”

JC teachers and students have exciting goals to look forward to in the new year, whether it is to better themselves mentally and physically, make money, or lose weight. Everyone across the JC community are recommended to try to have at least one New Year’s resolution so we all can be better individually and as a whole school.