• :

Senior class includes three sets of twins

The JC senior class boasts three sets of twins: Alex and Ashleigh Eyler, Sierra and Scotty Simmons, and Michael and Sam Dlugokenski.
Alex said that being a twin is a unique experience. “Having a twin is like having a built-in best friend. We do everything together and tell each other everything, and we have each other to experience life together.”
Ashleigh added, “I love having someone who I know will always be there for me no matter what. We are the closest to each other than anyone else, so that is always nice to have.”
For some twins, their relationship has not always been so close.
Sierra explained, “We have gotten closer to each other throughout high school. We used to basically hate each other and now since we matured, we have a few things in common and are able to get along for the most part.”
With going through high school both sets of these twins have had a favorite shared experience.
Sierra said her favorite memory with Scotty occurred during the Junior Ring Mass. “His ring broke the second he put it on, and we got to laugh about it together and talk about how mad our parents were going to be.”
Alex said that her favorite memory was dancing with her sister in the JC shows. She said, “We have had so much fun dancing together since we were three, and dancing in the JC shows together has been so memorable. The Cinderella show at Harford Community College will be the last time we dance together on stage.”
With both the Eyler and Simmons twins graduating, college is an area of uncertainty. Neither set of twins will be going to the same school as one another.
Alex said, “Adjusting to not seeing and living with each other is going to be a huge challenge. The longest time we have ever been apart was four days. I try not to think about what it will be like living each day in college without her.”