• :

Senior ladies begin new tradition with skirt decorations

Female John Carroll seniors have started a new tradition: painting their college logo on their skirts.
On the seniors’ College Shirt Day in May, girls came into school sporting their college emblems on the front of their uniform skirts.
Assistant Principal Jake Hollin sent an email out to all seniors on May 5 that included the statement, “[all females] are permitted to wear that skirt for the remainder of the year; however, [the girls] need to have a skirt with no logo on it for your Senior Awards ceremony.”
Although this idea originated with the class of 2022, it was not made into a grade-wide event until this school year.
Girls prepared for the Friday event by painting their skirts in the days prior. They used materials like paint, rhinestones, and glitter to make their skirts unique.
Senior Class Member-At-Large Grace Griffin commented, “I liked the idea of having gems on my skirt. It was different, and quicker than painting on the purple around the border.”
Other seniors who aren’t going to college decided to paint other symbols that represent alternate plans.
This new JC tradition is creative and something to continue in future years.