• :

Patriots get into the holiday spirit

Mariah Carey has officially defrosted.
With the upcoming Christmas vacation, there are many events that pop up, like the Festival of Lights, SGA’s 12 days Before Christmas Vacation, and Ugly Sweater Day.
On the day students return from Thanksgiving break, advisory groups finished planning their own decorations, and in the days following, the hallways turned into a Christmas wonderland.
With all the ways the school helps Patriots get into the Christmas spirit, each Patriot individually has their own things which puts them into the holiday mood.
Senior Alexandra Ribeiro said, “Decorating houses because it is something my mom and I have always done.”
Senior Emma Bison said, “Seeing all the door decorating and hallways because it’s cool to see everyone put everything together.”
Senior Mitchell Gier said, “The cold weather because I associate snow with the holidays.”
Spanish teacher Lorena Dos Santos said, “Listening to Christmas music on the radio because it makes me happy.”
Senior Isabelle Boyle said, “Christmas songs and being with family because it reminds me of the holidays.”
Senior Brooke Hoskins said, “Watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music because I feel like you can’t just listen or watch them and not be happy.”
There are many different ways to get in the Christmas mood and everyone has something that can really get them in the spirit for the holidays.