• :

Start a new tradition with the Festival of Trees in Towson

The Festival of Trees is a three-day holiday celebration that helps benefit patients, students, and programs at Kennedy Krieger Institute, a nonprofit organization that helps with medical care.
This celebration has been around for a long time. The first event was held on December 8, 1990, and has been going on ever since. It takes place at the Maryland State Fairgrounds Cow Palace.
This event has raised more than $24 million, and more than one million people attend this event annually.  This has made it one of the largest holiday events on the East Coast.
This year it took place from Friday, November 24 through Sunday, November 26. Children four and under were free, 5-12 were $8, 65 and over were $13, and everyone else was $18.
This event is filled with so much to do and has something for all ages to participate in. The building is divided into three sections of activities. In one part are the trees that are all contributed and entered to win a contest. There is a find a reef, door, and gingerbread contest. The entire building is also lined with different vendors.
Another part of the building is filled with activities for the kids, including cookie decorating, pony rides, train rides, tiny rollercoasters, arts and crafts, and RC cars. With all these activities, it can keep them occupied for hours.
Festival of Trees also has its very own in-person Santa visit. Families can use this as their opportunity to take family pictures for the season.
In the third section, food and beverages can be found to keep everyone going at this event. There is also a stage set up in the middle to listen to live music. There are shows that are performed every few hours.
The Festival of Trees is overall an amazing event and is a great way to spend a day during the Christmas season with family or friends. It is also a great opportunity to start a new tradition with loved ones during the holiday season.
For those who were not able to attend this year, it is never too late for JC students and their families to plan this event for next year’s Christmas season.