• :

Hollin family includes two generations of Patriots

Assistant Principal Jake Hollin has seen his family pass through John Carroll. Not only did he and his wife go to JC, but three of his daughters are graduates, and one is a member of the class of ‘24.
Mr. Hollin and his wife are alumni from the class of ‘92, and Mr. Hollin continues to impact the school as an assistant principal.
Mr. Hollin said his daughters remind him of him and his wife in a lot of ways. “They have had so many opportunities to learn new things, be challenged, and grow as human beings. I think that what we love about JC is there are always caring adults who support the students. We had that when we were students here, and they have had that during their time at school.”
Some parents have had their children on a course to enter JC since they were born.
“I would say we were always hopeful to have our daughters become Patriots. Both my wife and I are alums and had a wonderful experience at JC, so we were hopeful that they would have a chance to be Patriots.”
Mr. Hollin has seen each of his four daughters go through JC, and one word that he said would describe his experience as an alum and as parent is “grateful. My wife, Amy, and I are just really grateful that our daughters have been supported and prepared to succeed in life because they became Patriots. We are thankful to everyone who played a role in their Patriot experience, and it has been a huge blessing to be a part of it, too.”
Senior Sojo Hollin, Mr. Hollin’s youngest daughter, said, “Being a part of a second-generation John Carroll legacy has been such a blessing. I have been able to observe and learn from those who came before me in my family as well as have connections throughout different grades and years. There is nothing I have loved more then being in school with my older sisters.”