• :

Mrs. Adolph shines in the Office of Admissions

An Inside Look into JC Staff
Associate Director of Admissions Caroline Adolph, a 2001 John Carroll graduate, works tirelessly throughout the year as she works with the next incoming class of students.
Mrs. Adolph meets and reviews every single shadow who visits from September, ranging from 40-50 students weekly.
She works with students to help each shadow have the best possible experience with their host. She works with Director of Admissions Edward Maynard to pair shadows with students who match their interests.  Mrs. Adolph’s job is all about connection as she connects to new students and families to help them begin their Patriot journey.
Mrs. Adolph said, “I chose admissions because of the people and for the great experience I had at JC. I wanted to help other students feel that same way.”
Mrs. Adolph gets to each new Patriot grow and thrive as they go through their four years at John Carroll.
Working in admissions is a busy job as Mrs. Adolph works 12 months a year. She works with shadows and new families, reads through applications, and then sends out the acceptance letters to students. The process then resets over the summer to begin again.
Mrs. Adolph remarked, “ I’ve worked in this job for five admissions cycles. Families are looking for evolving and tailoring experiences to each individual student. The trend is the students making the decision for high school instead of just the parents.”
Prior to John Carroll, she worked in the world of fundraising, working with Habitat for Humanity and other organizations. She asked for donations and connected with potential donors.
  Now working in education, she helps families make investments in their children. Being a shadow is one of many experiences that connects all Patriots, and Mrs. Adolph is one of many who helps forge this memory.