How to survive JC
October 2, 2015
High school is a time of change, challenge, fun, and fear. While it can be overwhelming at times, high school can be the most exciting time of your life by following a few tips that successful fellow JC students have followed throughout their years. Each year of high school comes with its new challenges and triumphs, but there are always certain things a JC student should keep in mind.
1) Get your money’s worth (or your parents’ money’s worth) out of the awesome education available at JC.
2) Don’t waste any energy on negative things such as excluding or hating people.
3) Get involved. It really begins to feel like home when you know people from all different groups.
4) Gain some wisdom. Teachers at JC are awesome, so take the time to make personal relationships with them.
5) Make time for your family. High school may be your last opportunity to spend time and bond with your family before you’re out of the house for good. Don’t throw away the important relationships you have with your family to go out with friends all the time or lock yourself in your room studying every night.
Lilly Stannard is an In-focus Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com