• :

Summer reading committee slims down novel choices to three

The summer reading committee has narrowed down the list of summer reading choices for students from five books to three.  The three book choices include “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time” by Mark Haddon, “The Art of Racing in the Rain” by Garth Stein, and “Heaven is for Real” by Todd Burpo.

For previous coverage on the summer reading committee, click here.

According to Library Media Specialist Theresa Burlas, the committee focused on books that they believed would attract students.  “There are so many good books out there that we focused on books that we thought would be of interest to students, would be age and reading level appropriate, and that students would actually read,” Burlas said.

According to Burlas, Principal Madelyn Ball approved the books, but requested that they also be approved by the Archdiocese of Baltimore or by any high school library association.

As it now stands, students are to choose one out of the three books for their summer reading assignment.

Kailey Tracy is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.