• :

Strange man lurks on campus

Three seniors spotted a suspicious man on campus on the rugby field around 3:15 p.m. on March 29.

“When we first saw him, he looked around and then turned in our direction and started coming down the hill.  At that time, my mind was racing to ridiculous ideas like, ‘what if he had a gun?’ So we all immediately started to sprint,” senior Claire Hofmann said.  Hofmann and her teammates were running for track practice when they noticed the man.

The man was dressed in a tailored suit with a tie and wore black dress shoes, a black trench coat, and a black hat.

“The weirdest part was the way he was dressed, and I didn’t like how he kept looking around to see if someone was watching,” senior Elisa Rehak said.

“Looking back on it now, all I can say is that it was really weird,” Hofmann said.

The man was last seen walking through the woods right next to JC’s property near the runners’ course.

The seniors notified Principal Madelyn Ball, who then called the Bel Air Police Department.

“The police were called, and they searched the area, but he was not found. There have been no reported sightings since then. I was very proud of the girls because they did the right thing. They immediately ran to where there were lots of people and then came into school and reported the problem,” Ball said.

If any student sees this stranger on campus, they are to notify Ball immediately.

Megan Battaglia is a Multimedia Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.