In case you missed it: Week of May 15

+Senior+representatives+for+the+Student+Government+Association+Megan+King%2C+Zachary+Miller%2C+Laura+Miller%2C+Emma+Gromacki%2C+Caroline+Cooney%2C+and+Nick+Rosaschi+were+awarded+by+SGA+moderator+Rodney+Johnson+during+the+Senior+Award+Ceremony.+The+Senior+Award+Ceremony+took+place+on+May+18+in+the+auditorium+and+honored+seniors+for+their+achievements.++
 Senior representatives for the Student Government Association Megan King, Zachary Miller, Laura Miller, Emma Gromacki, Caroline Cooney, and Nick Rosaschi were awarded by SGA moderator Rodney Johnson during the Senior Award Ceremony. The Senior Award Ceremony took place on May 18 in the auditorium and honored seniors for their achievements.

Paige Alban

Paige Alban

Senior Project Evaluations

From Monday, May 15 to Friday, May 19, Senior Project evaluations took place. Seniors came back to JC on one of these days at a scheduled time to present their project to a panel of evaluators. In their presentation, presenters spoke about what they did for their Senior Project and the results from it. Evaluators then graded them on their presentation.

Spring Athletic Banquet

The Spring Athletic Banquet was held on Tuesday, May 16. Athletes who participated in spring sports gathered in the Upper Gym with their families. First, dinner was served buffet style and then the awards were announced, as well as the status of each team’s wins and losses.

Senior Awards Ceremony

The 2017 Senior Awards Ceremony took place on Thursday, May 18. The seniors and their guests gathered in the auditorium at 7 pm for the presentation of the awards. Each department awarded a student a medal, and several members of the class of 2017 were given specific awards for their talents.

Habitat for Humanity

Saturday, May 20 was the fifth and final Habitat for Humanity project. JC students and community members worked on building a house for Harford County Citizens. These people volunteered their time to help the less fortunate with the options of hammering, painting, or laying tile. The volunteers met at the work site with Coordinator of Service Learning Susan Strawbridge.

Anna Kotula is a Contributor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.