• :

Pep Rally concludes Spirit Week

Patriots show off their black & gold on Friday
John Carroll held their annual pep rally to close Spirit Week on Friday, September 29. The atmosphere was filled with good energy and a sea of black and gold.
The pep rally began with the introduction of all of the fall sports teams. They ran around the gym to get their fellow Patriots hyped for the fun to follow.
The cheerleaders followed as they performed the routine that they had been practicing.
Junior Zara Annan said, “My team and I did a very good job in our routine. Even though we had a little bit of nerves in the beginning, at the end it turned out great.”
After the cheerleaders performed, the challenges began between the fall sports teams. Games were announced by seniors Sojo Hollin and Dougie Kolb.
One fan-favorite game was Hungry Hungry Hippo played with the boys and girls soccer teams.  Other fall teams participated in various games.
Junior Taylor Pate said, “It was my favorite game because it was funny to watch Naimah and Lydia struggle to grab the balls.”
The game ended with a boys soccer win.
Another game that the students played was the Three-Point Shootout with various members of the grade levels. Sophomores came out with a win as sophomore Aidan Able made eight out of 12 hoops.
Aidan said, “This game was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed my entire grade cheering me on.”
The coaches got to participate in the game Knockout.
Coach Laura Seifert said, “It was super fun to compete against the students.” She said the energy was “very intense” while she was playing.
Senior Fran Parr said, “I was a little sad it was my last pep rally because I will never get to experience something like that again. . . I’ll miss working with my teammates on the games.”
The pep rally ended with a friendly game of grade level Tug of War; the juniors came out as the winners.
Senior Naimah Saccoh said, “My favorite part of pep rally was Tug of War because it got very intense throughout the grades. However, it would have been better if the seniors won.”