New deans reflect upon their first months at John Carroll

Closing out the first quarter of the school year

Faith Menefee, Staff Writer

John Carroll welcomed two new deans to the school this year as Ms. Christina Presberry and Mr. Anthony Modeste joined the Patriot community. They have many goals and intentions for the continuing school year and in future years.

Regarding whether or not anything has surprised them,, Mrs. Presberry said, “I not surprised about anything, but what really overwhelmed me was the welcome I got from everybody; they made me feel at home.”

Mr. Modeste said, “I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the support from the faculty, staff, and administration.”

Both deans explained how they felt welcomed and how comfortable they were once they got here. This showed how our Patriot community welcomed them with open arms.

Mrs. Presberry said, “The dean’s office should be used as resource, and we’re here to help — not to be the bad lady and bad man.”

Mr. Modeste commented, “I believe very highly in Catholic education and want the students to excel in their faith.”

Both of these responses show how both new deans want the students to succeed in school and life and how they want the students to feel comfortable talking to them.

Also, this shows the importance of increasing our education in Catholic teaching and religion.
A topic addressed was how their past jobs and experiences prepared them for their current positions.

Mrs. Presberry said, “Part of my responsibilities here is the security of the building and using my experience as a security expert and bringing that into the walls of John Carroll.”

Mr. Modeste said, “My past position as a dean at an all-boys school and as another co-ed school dean can help me here.”

The deans both plan to use their past experiences in different ways to help the John Carroll community grow and improve the school.

They want the school to be a safe environment for the staff and students and look forward to achieving this.