• :

JC should add a trunk-or-treat event for the Harford County community

Commentary
As we are out of the COVID-19 years and continue to open the doors of John Carroll to the community, adding a trunk-or-treat to the calendar could be the next big event.
The event could be on the morning of the Saturday leading to Halloween. Adding a trunk-or-treat to the JC calendar would target younger community members.
For those unfamiliar, a trunk-or-treat is an outdoor trick-or-treating experience. Children of faculty, alumni, and community members could go from trunk to trunk to receive candy.
Last year, the Festival of Lights was a new event that was centered around the annual door decorating contest. The event also featured many sponsored Christmas trees by clubs and sports teams.
A trunk-or-treat could feature this aspect as well. JC clubs, sports teams, and performing arts could sponsor cars to highlight their designated area. This would be a great opportunity to educate others on the extracurriculars here at JC.  Plus it would be fun for the students as well.
The Festival of Lights did a great job in bringing everyone together during the winter season, and adding an event similar to it in the fall would do nothing but benefit JC.
A trunk-or-treat would be an opportunity to cement Patriot Pride within younger generations of possible future Patriots and siblings of current Patriots.
Another huge reason for adding this event is that it is a much safer alternative to regular trick-or-treating. Parents would have an easier time keeping an eye on children within the proximity of the parking lot than they would in the regular neighborhood setting.