• :

Christmas also takes place over social media

Commentary
The Christmas season is a time for family, friends, sharing, singing, and creating the perfect social media content. What would Christmas be without festive Instagram stories and very merry gift hauls?
On one hand, posting your Christmas hauls can be so exciting. I mean, how much better can it get — with brand-new gifts waiting to be shared with your friends on social media? The excitement of opening and getting to use and wear all of your brand-new items could not be better.
On the other hand, many people do not want to see posts of what people got because they simply do not care and get very annoyed with having to tap through all the videos that they do not want to see.
If you think deeper into the postings, there are also some who cannot afford to get gifts for Christmas or people who celebrate Hanukkah who may not appreciate seeing those posts.  During the holiday season, it is all about caring for others, so you need to care about their emotions, too.
On a more positive approach, sharing your Christmas hauls with your closest friends is the way to go. From my personal experience, sharing it with just them and not my entire social media brings me the most joy while also not annoying others.
There are also great uses of social media during the holiday season that do not involve a haul.  Deals and gift-buying posts should go out for people to order and receive their delivery before Christmas. You can also use social media to create a countdown until Christmas Day.
During the holiday season, many people decorate their houses, but you can also decorate your social media. Adding fun seasonal emojis and Christmas profile pictures can really help get you in the spirit.
As you read, there are good and bad ways to approach your Christmas social media campaign. Do not let the people who are not in the Christmas spirit ruin your holiday season.
I highly recommend posting your Christmas festivities and hauls because it helps bring you more into the spirit and just get an overall adrenaline rush for Christmas.  Just be mindful of what others may think.
Christmas is all about love, caring, sharing, and being with your family. Slow your scroll and turn it off. On Christmas Day, stay off social media and enjoy the time with your family and friends.