• :

It Truly is the Best Time of the Year

Marching with Grace

The holiday season that we are in right now is the best season: the Christmas season.

To me, this is the best time of year because it brings everyone’s families closer together, and, of course, we get a lot of time off from school. With this, we celebrate the birth of Jesus, who is the reason we are all here today and the only reason why Christmas even exists.
I love the Christmas decorations and the music. I also love getting up on Christmas with my family, opening presents with them, getting dressed in our new things, and going to Mass.
After Mass, we go to see my mom’s side of the family which is always fun, and we give each other gifts. Each year we have a tradition where we pass around our “funny” gift that is from a little bit ago. Whoever gets it saves it for the next year. With receiving it, they must think of a good gift box to put the “funny” gift in. The reaction of receiving the gift is funny and always a good time.
This is the most unique time of the year, and all the little things that build up to it make this holiday so special.
One of my favorite things to do is to sit in front of the fireplace with my Christmas pajamas and family and watch Home Alone. Every movie in this series is so good and deserves more hype around it.
It always gives us a good laugh, especially because it is about a young boy trying to protect his home from two middle-aged men who are dumb. Kevin, the young boy, sets up all these traps and Marve and Harry, the criminals, fall for every single one. Whenever I am in a bad mood, it just brightens my day to watch any of those movies.
They never get old, and I watch them on repeat.
Christmas truly is special. I cannot wait to see everyone’s continued Christmas spirit and to enjoy the all of my holiday traditions with my family this year. The time spent off from school is not bad, either.