• :

Stop the early Christmas celebrations

Commentary
Many people rush to begin celebrating Christmas right after Halloween ends, but when is the proper time to celebrate?
As soon as the clock strikes midnight and November 1 is here, it seems as though the Christmas season begins in full-force. Halloween masks are tossed to the side, and inflatable Santa Clauses soon dictate neighbors’ lawns.
Many stores completely switch over to Christmas, and the radios blast jolly music. However, Christmas is celebrated way too early.
The music, lights, and overall holiday cheer are what make Christmas such a special time of year. However, when celebrated too early, it becomes tiresome by the time the actual holiday arrives.
Many people skip over Thanksgiving because of impatience. They want their favorite holiday to come as soon as possible, but what about Thanksgiving?
Jumping right into the holiday season takes away from the special magic Thanksgiving produces.  Thanksgiving is a time to slow down and be with family to reflect on what you are grateful for. When we rush right into Christmas, it feels like that magic is gone.
Also, all of December can be dedicated to Christmas. Let Halloween and Thanksgiving have just their special time. Christmas can certainly wait until Thanksgiving is over.
When we celebrate Christmas too early, by the time the actual holiday rolls around, we are not as excited. This is because we do not look forward to it since we rush right into it.
Christmas should be celebrated in December. There has to be a balance between holidays. Yes, you can get your shopping done, but hold off on the decorating and Home Alone watching until after Thanksgiving has its day.
Let’s devote only one month to the magical spirit of Christmas. Too much Christmas may exhaust you before Christmas Day itself.  A shorter season makes the season more special overall.