• :

Advisory: not just a 10-minute mod off

Advisory is more than just having a 10-minute block off. It is time we get to spend with our JC families, play games, ask other advisees for help with a question, or find out about everyone’s weekends.
Sophomore Annabeth Hohman said, “My advisory plays Wordle and Connections, and it is a nice brain break to reset before my next class.”
She added that playing these games allows her to open up and become closer with some of her fellow advisees.
Annabeth said that her advisor helps her to study for her science quizzes and will help her if she is stuck on a question.
Advisor Mark Grzanna said, “I love getting to see my advisees grow from freshmen to seniors. Every year I am a little sad to let go of my seniors, but I feel better when I remember that new freshmen are coming in just a few months.”
Junior Neila Kelleher said, “My favorite memory with my advisory is when we had our Christmas party. We all got to bond together and share food with each other.” She also talked about how she loves to decorate her advisor’s door during Christmas time.
Freshman Molly Biscoe said, “My advisory brings in food on Fridays, and we talk about what our plans are for the weekend. I love that I have become close with some of the upperclassmen in my advisory.”
Sophomore Addison Moore said, “My advisor really helps me when I am having a stressful day. It’s nice to have a teacher who really knows me.”
Addison also mentioned how sometimes high school can be stressful, and it is good to know that there are people who have and are going through the same things around us that they can talk to.