• The first day for Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores is Tuesday, Sep. 4

• The Back to School Dance will take place from 7-10 p.m. on Saturday, Sep. 8

• Senior Unity Day is on Friday, Sept. 21

Men’s cross country on the path to victory

Seniors Rob Flynn, Evan Moore, Michael Imbierowicz, and sophomore Ben Sullivan, members of the men's varsity cross country team, warm up minutes before their race. The team raced in the Harford Invitational at Tollgate Park on Oct. 22 and placed fourth overall in the county.

Mitch Hopkins

Mitch Hopkins

This season, the men’s cross country team has been taking steps in the right directiontowards the finish line. The team is looking strong, with many talented runners. The team’s final record for the regular season is 6-1.

“Our season is going really well. We have struggled in a lot of areas, one being consistency, but we have had a lot of freshmen stepping up,” senior team captain Evan Moore said.

JC has run against many teams this season, but the most challenging was Boys’ Latin School. Boys’ Latin is the only team that JC has lost to this season. According to Moore, the team knew Boys’ Latin would be tough competition from the beginning. “[Boys’ Latin] won last year, and only [one guy] graduated from their top five runners,” Moore said.

Flynn is enthusiastic about making a comeback when they race against Boys’ Latin in the MIAA B Division championships and, like the rest of the team, is looking for redemption. “We lost by one point, but we should hopefully beat them in the championship[s],” Flynn said.

As the season is coming to an end, the team’s leaders are getting serious about making a statement this year, according to senior team captain Rob Flynn. The MIAA championships for men’s cross country will be held on Nov. 4 at Stevenson University.

In regards to championships, the team is hoping to continue the momentum they have going. “I think we’re going to have a legitimate chance at winning the championships,” Moore said.

JV and Varsity coach Michael Monaghan is not quite as optimistic as his runners. “I don’t have guys running consistently. I don’t know what’s going to happen. We don’t have a solid 4 or 5 runners,” Monaghan said.

Katie Sullivan is an In-Focus editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.