Baltimore Orioles’ 2022 performance pleases JC community

Sydney Miller, Media & Online Chief

The Orioles this year have turned around their team, due to all of the work the team put into filling the roster with the best-fitting players. All of the time spent focusing on the roster has paid off, and the team looks a lot better this year.

The Orioles currently are 81-76, which is a lot better than last year when they ended the season 52-110.

The change came from last season to this season when the Orioles picked up countless players from the free agency and made good picks in the MLB Draft.
This led to the team’s doing better. The Orioles have proven that the know what they’re doing in the free agency, and they are capable of finding difference-making players.

Senior Joi Bogan is a big Orioles fan, and she is very pleased with how they have done this year. She said, “It’s very fun to watch the Orioles never giving up and playing until the end of the game, giving 100% every time.”

Joi keeps up with the Orioles through the MLB app on her phone, and she goes to a lot of the Oriole games to cheer on her favorite team. Her favorite player on the team is Adley Rutschman because he is “always smiling and very supportive of his teammates whether they’re losing or not.”

She also said that Rutschman “provides RBIs and base hits at crucial times and blocks wild pitches really well.”

Joi credits the Orioles success this year to Adley Rutschman and Felix Bautista because “both players made their MLB debut this season and have shown incredible strengths.”

She credited Rutschman with making a difference in the field, and Bautista making a difference on the mound. She said, “Rutschman has hit many doubles and earned many runs, and Bautista has recorded many strikeouts as a closer and earned many saves.”

For the future of the Orioles, Joi hopes that “they keep playing well and possibly win a World Series in the near future. As long as they keep recruiting suitable players, they have a good chance of winning.”

Freshman Melina Boyle loves watching the Orioles with her friends and family. She said, “The season has been way more exciting than the past years because they are winning, and they have good, young players.”

Her favorite player is Adley Rutschman because she “love(s) the way he carries himself on the field with a positive attitude.”

She credits the Orioles’ success to having youthful players who are determined to win. For the future, she hopes to “see them continue to have success and, hopefully, win a World Series.”