• :

Panowitz completes four years of lacrosse

Senior Seth Panowitz has played lacrosse all four years in the position of defensive mid-fielder.
Seth has been playing lacrosse since kindergarten. His father, for whom he cites as his greatest inspiration, introduced him to the sport at a young age and has helped him get where he is today.
Playing lacrosse has taught Seth how to be part of a team/family and to trust others when needed. He has played club lacrosse in the offseason with the Baltimore Lacrosse team in Bel Air.
He practiced and gave his best effort to help him excel in lacrosse.
Seth said that one of his most significant challenges during lacrosse season would be managing his time wisely before and after practice in order to do his schoolwork to maintain good grades.
With other challenges, he has had to overcome “formidable obstacles,” such as trusting in himself and his teammates who have had his back no matter what. His motivation comes from spending time with his teammates and reaching his goals while at the same time loving to play the game.
Seth will be going to Immaculata University as a Division III athlete, majoring in Emergency Management and planning to play lacrosse.
Seth’s most significant challenge that he faced in lacrosse would be coming back from an injury. He said that he had to work hard to get his strength back to where he was before.
Seth said if he had to provide advice to other athletes, it would have to be to “keep working on your skills because you never know where it could put you in life. It could give you some pretty amazing things in life and on the field.”
Seth’s fondest John Carroll lacrosse memory is beating Calvert Hall in his junior year.
Outside of his time in lacrosse, Seth puts in hours at the Bel Air Fire Department as a volunteer firefighter.